8 weeks, 10/28-12/16
Restorative Yoga is a practice in which the body is placed in comfortable, passive stretches supported by props, encouraging deep relaxation and rest. Each practice consists of just a handful of postures, including light twists, gentle backbends, and seated forward folds, each held for several quiet minutes.
Some of the benefits of restorative practice include:
- cultivating conscious relaxation
- restoring balance to an overstimulated nervous system
- increasing body awareness, especially of more deeply held tensions, and creating conditions for deep release
- unbinding the breath in a gentle and natural way
- providing a quiet, safe space for integration and centering